This Summer: Color!!!
I love color but tend to be afraid to use it, mix it up. But I love how bright and cheerful this bag is.
So many delicious project ideas, so little time…
BAGS. So many options, I can’t decide.
- Big summer bag w/ motifs from Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 (pictured above)
- Simple but cute handbag inspired by futuregirl.com
- Granny square messenger bag like Tenille’s at Craftster
- Granny’s No Square handbag from Debbie Stoller’s Stitch n’ Bitch: The Happy Hooker
- Delicious Stitches designed this Secret Garden Shoulder Bag with Lion Brand Landscapes:
HATS. Can’t ever make too many. Instant gratification.
- I’m dying to make these hats from the Japanese crochet hat book. I’ve already started the bobble hat.
BLANKET or AFGHAN. Something modern, colorful, and definitely not dowdy.
- Craftivity Baby Blanket, but not for babies! This is the coolest blanket design I’ve ever seen, looks a lot like freeform.
- Dare I such ambition? Babette Blanket from Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 magazine:
Click here for an array of amazing renditions.
- Oblong openwork wrap
- Crochet corset for summertime.
- Vintage-y cardigan.
- The Frou Frou cardigan from Stitch n Bitch: Happy Hooker. The first one bombed — sleeves too wide and short, yarn too heavy — but this one made with gray Woolease re-inspired me.
- Alternately, the DROPS Circle Cardigan. Here is a beautiful rendition by Svetlana at My Knitting Island:
- A tunisian crochet vest for my sweetie, from the inaugural issue of Interweave Knits — Crochet Special Issue
- Must… do… something… with… motifs!
- Cropped cardigan with leaf ties from Fitted Knits, pattern excerpted at Knitty.
Last updated 4/27/07